New Product Development
New product development (NPD) is the complete process of bringing a new product to market. A good understanding of customer needs and wants, the competitive environment and the nature of the market represent the top required factors for the success of a new product. Cost, time and quality are the main variables that drive the customer needs.
We encompass the entire 360 degree approach for New Product Design & Development (NPD).
High level processes covered under our NPD are:
Our framework includes Design for Six Sigma (DFSS). DFSS is a systematic methodology using tools, training, and measurements to enable the design of the products, services, and processes that meet customer expectations at Six Sigma quality levels.
While Six sigma as a science for systematic problem solving aims to improve an existing product/process achieving quality i.e. 3.4 defects per million opportunity, but it is not that feasible due to errors in the design stage which is seen in traditional product development process.
Achieving six sigma level of quality of a product is feasible only when the errors are eliminated at the design stage of product development process. So, a methodology called Design for Six Sigma was developed by automobile and aircraft manufacturing industries and has become a perfect science today with a well-structured product development process called IDOV (Identify-Design-Optimize-Verify),it is a first time right process which focuses on customers latent needs and develops it product.
It is built on the basic quality platform of PDCA i.e. Plan, Do, Check and Act.
We have adapted IDOV (Identify, Design, Optimize and Verify) approach for NPD.
Alternatively we also have DMADV (Define, Measure, Analyze, Design and Verify) approach.
Both IDOV & DMADV approaches of DFSS cover the following tools and techniques to ensure that the Design is First Time Right and the quality of the products are par excellence.
- Voice of Customer (VOC)
- Gemba Study
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Critical to Quality (CTQ) performance scorecards
- Project Charter
- RACI Matrix
- Risk Assessment Change Management
- Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT)
- Gantt Chart
- KANO model
- Function Analysis Systems Technique (FAST) diagram
- Pugh Matrix
- Six Thinking Hats
- Morphological Mapping
- Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP)
- System Failure Mode Effects Analysis (SFMEA)
- Design for Manufacture & Assembly (DFMA)
- Value Engineering (VE)
- Robust Design
- Taguchi Method
- Tolerance Design
- Stack up Tolerance
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Design for Manufacture (DFM)
- Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Reliability Engineering
- Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Control Plan
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
Apart from the above, we even adapt to the specific standard needs of the various Industry sectors:
TS 16949 with following core tools
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- AS 9100
- AS 9110
- AS 9120
In a nutshell, we can cater to any of your standard or customised needs at any stage of New Product Design & Development for any industry. Be it a completely new product or incremental/radical change of an existing product, or substituting your steel/plastic or other material into a Composite Product, we can do it all. We can independently undertake a product design or development activity or we can work along with your team. We are equipped with the latest technology, skilled technical experts, CAD/CAE softwares, infrastructure, machinery and more importantly a legacy of delivering promised quality products in time.